Today’s esteemed guest hardly needs any introduction. But here goes anyway!
Rand Fishkin is one of the most revered, most followed and most celebrated figures in the digital marketing world today. He’s made his astoundingly valuable and popular Whiteboard Friday video series a digital household name.
He has a knack for turning industry conference audiences into drooling, raving fans (including myself), and routinely dominates every conference speaker leaderboard he graces.
I wanted to find out the secret sauce, so I sat down with Rand to get his most prized, valuable tips for creating memorable presentation experiences for any audience.
And in this episode, he brings absolutely mind-blowing techniques for creating presentations that wow audiences and deliver insane value. Whether you’re running small internal meetings or delivering a keynote at a huge conference, these tips are priceless.
If you listen to just one episode this year, make it this one.
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- How he evolved from mediocre to a top-rated in-demand pro speaker
- Planning and brainstorming secrets from Whiteboard Friday
- Why his #1 presentation tip is to deliver exclusive, actionable advice
- How to conduct presentation audience research to create resonance
- How he refined his speaking skills through recording himself
- Why consistently scoring in the top 25% should be every speaker’s goal
- Tips for keeping an audience engaged through longer sessions
- How to handle awkward moments like humor that falls flat
[bctt tweet=”INTERVIEW: Mind-blowing Professional #Presentation Tips with @RandFish”]
People and Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
- How to Cheat at Creating Great Presentations for Tech & Marketing Audiences
- How to Create Presentations like Rand by Will Critchlow
- 8 Rules for Exceptional Presentation Slides
- Rand’s Mozcon 2013 Keynote
- My Better Bullet Points Solution post
- Dharmesh Shah
- Avinash Kaushik – Rand’s speaker inspiration
- PBM Episode 009 with Krista Seiden
- The Go-Giver book by Bob Berg
How to Follow Rand:
Upgrade Tip of the Day:
Sometimes you want to represent many components of an idea or process but don’t have time to take the audience through each one. Rand creates a slide with the initial concept in the middle, and then rapidly animates in all the components around the center one after the other.
It creates a cascade of ideas that grabs their attention and is a fantastic alternative to bullet points!
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me. Have some feedback you’d like to share, or a question for Rand? Leave a note in the comments below, and we’ll get back to you!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the left of the post.
If you liked what you heard, I would love if you could leave me a rating or review in iTunes. Ratings & reviews are extremely appreciated and very important in the rankings algorithm. The more ratings, the better chance of fellow practitioners getting to hear this helpful information!
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates and never miss a show.
Special thanks to Rand for joining me this week. And as always, viz responsibly, my friends.