Welcome to a new season of Present Beyond Measure! I thought there would be no better way to kick the fall off than with some very special “us” time.
As an admitted podcast junkie, one of my favorite kinds of episodes is created around the burning questions from the listener audience. To me, this is true customer-centricity!
After delivering talks at close to thirty conferences and workshops, I’ve begun to notice the same three questions bubble up again and again. And I thought, why limit the answers to just those audiences? These are clearly universal challenges encountered across corporate enterprises, and everyone should be able to hear the answers!
What are the top three questions I get asked at every event? They are:
- Where do I find good sources of presentation imagery?
- How do I create effective presentation handouts as well as great live slides?
- How do I make my stubborn work culture adopt your presentation principles?
Listen in for the answers!
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- Why and how to use powerful and relevant real-life imagery in your presentations
- The best sources of free and paid high-quality stock photography and illustrations
- Why I believe presentation handouts are the root cause of corporate meeting malaise
- My blog post on a system for creating effective presentation handouts
- How the Six Human Needs framework can help you overcome cultural roadblocks in pushing presentation change through your organization
Resources and People Mentioned:
- Deposit Photos
- Bigstock Photo
- Vince Vaughn’s Unfinished Business Stock Photos
- Correction: NOT Horrible Bosses
- My Effective Presentation Handouts system
- Tony Robbin’s Six Human Needs Framework
Upgrade Tip of the Day:
If you’re low on presentation design inspiration, check out GraphicRiver by Envato. It offers close to 10,000 pre-designed templates for PowerPoint, Keynote, and even Google Slides for purchase. Each template contains a specific narrative based on general presentation agenda items in a variety of font and color schemes.
Even if you don’t buy one, you’ll get tons of fresh ideas for color palettes, iconography, layout and objects. You can even search by presentation topic for industry-specific concepts and graphic elements.
After this episode, your new tagline will be #winningatwork. Just like these very authentic corporate winners. I don’t know about you, but I love my daily team cheer hug!
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me. Have some feedback you’d like to share or a question for me? Leave a note in the comments below, and I’ll get back to you!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the left of the post.
If you liked what you heard, I would love if you could leave me a rating or review in iTunes. Ratings & reviews are extremely appreciated and very important in the rankings algorithm. The more ratings, the better chance of fellow practitioners getting to hear this helpful information!
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates and never miss a show.
As always, viz responsibly, my friends.