This episode's guests are best known for transforming Google Analytics groupies into insanely skilled measure rock stars.
Feras Alhlou and Eric Fettman are the brain trust behind the company E-Nor, and one of my favorite Google Analytics blogs. They focus on providing the knowledge to train savvy audiences, educating lay audiences and the effective use of data within large enterprises.
Together they are releasing a brand new book on winning the Google Analytics game called Google Analytics Breakthrough: From Zero to Business Impact. It is massively thorough and is an actionable guide to maximizing the value from the world’s most ubiquitous analytics platform and debuts on September 19th on Amazon.
And in this episode, Feras and Eric hash it out with me on how to improve clients analytics investment, improving the analyst-stakeholder line of communication and presenting super complex concepts to savvy audiences.
In This Episode, You'll Learn…
- How to empower the practitioner to prepare for their role as communicator by depending less on verbiage and moving towards more succinct visuals
- Why it’s critical to understand what is important to your stakeholders and their business before presenting data
- Why telling a story with your data can be a powerful tool that can provide context to your audience and make data more understandable
- How to establish quick wins and persuade our stakeholders by using the power of improvement and the basic principles of conversion optimization
People and Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
- Google Analytics Breakthrough: From Zero to Business Impact
- Presentation Zen: Simple Ideas on Presentation Design and Delivery
- Meta S. Brown – Predictive Analytics
How to Follow Feras & Eric:
Upgrade Tip of the Day:
Use a dummy query parameter for real time validation of campaigns and for tracking test movement throughout the website.
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me. Have some feedback you’d like to share, or a question for Feras and Eric? Leave a note in the comments below, and we’ll get back to you!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the left of the post.
If you liked what you heard, I would love if you could leave me a rating or review in iTunes. Ratings & reviews are extremely appreciated and very important in the rankings algorithm. The more ratings, the better chance of fellow practitioners getting to hear this helpful information!
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates and never miss a show.
Special thanks to Feras and Eric for joining me this week. And as always, viz responsibly, my friends.
What's your struggle with talking to your business stakeholders?