How the Digital Analytics Association is Helping Data Practitioners Get Back on their FeetPresent Beyond Measure Ep. 059
The Digital Analytics Association is Here to Help You Make It in 2020
This is the final episode in a three-show detour from my typical data-presentation-visualization-storytelling show theme, but the topic is no less important.
2020 and COVID have proven themselves challenging adversaries to all industries worldwide, no less so than my beloved digital analytics field.
That’s why I invited on my dear friend Marilee Yorchak of the Digital Analytics Association, a professional organization that staunchly supports our beautiful niche in the data world.
Marilee is the executive director of the Digital Analytics Association, a nonprofit professional association with over 5000 members. DAA’s mission is to advance the use of data to understand and improve the digital world through professional development and community, and I’m privileged to be a certified trainer through this network.
She and the DAA are working tirelessly to support digital practitioners, leaders, and companies hit hard with furlough and layoffs this year with a bevy of events, tools, and resources.
In this episode, Marilee shares the Herculean efforts they are undertaking to help the analytics practitioner and leadership community get back on their feet after a most challenging 2020!
In This Episode, You’ll Learn…
- How COVID has affected the digital analytics industry
- What the Digital Analytics Association is doing to assist furloughed and job-seeking practitioners
- Special events the DAA is hosting to help connect candidates to companies and uplevel their competitive skill set
- The many benefits of an annual DAA membership and current extensions
- Marilee’s insightful advice to the digital community for staying strong
People, Blogs, and Resources Mentioned
- The Digital Analytics Association COVID Resources
- The DAA Calendar of Events & Career Center
- DAA Digital Analyst Self-Assessment
- Zoom Background images on Unsplash (for a more professional meeting)
- My LinkedIn article on job openings for data analytics, data science, and digital marketing
- Indistractable by Nir Eyal
How to Keep Up with Marilee:
Where I’m Speaking Next:
- November 6th, 2020: Piktochart Business Storyteller Summit
- November 12th, 2020: ObservePoint Validate Marketing & Analytics Summit
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me. Have some feedback you’d like to share, or a question for Marilee? Leave a note in the comments below, and we’ll get back to you!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the left of the post.
If you liked what you heard, I would love if you could leave me a rating or review in iTunes. Ratings & reviews are extremely appreciated and very important in the rankings algorithm. The more ratings, the better chance of fellow practitioners getting to hear this helpful information!
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates and never miss a show.
A very special thank you to Pierre & Mary for joining me for this very special episode.
And as always, viz responsibly, my friends.