Marco Szeidenleder is here to Pump…Your Data Dashboards Up
Marco Szeidenleder is founder and managing partner of Pandata, a team of 25 data experts, specializing in understanding unique data challenges and developing scalable solutions based on the latest technologies. His focus is on data strategy, business intelligence and analytics. Having worked in the field for the past decade he is an expert in simplifying complex data problems and supports companies in unlocking the next stage in digital maturity.
He holds a degree in Computer Science, studied at French ESCP Europe Business School in London, Paris and Berlin and worked at Rocket Internet as a Business Engineer. Furthermore, he is founder of the largest Meetup on digital analytics in Germany with over 3,000 members, former co-organizer at MeasureCamp Berlin and frequent speaker at conferences like AI Expo, Berlin Startup Night and Marketing Analytics Summit.
And in this episode, Marco differentiates between data presentations, data dashboards, and how to maximize their potential!
In This Episode, You’ll Learn…
- Why being able to present data is central to utilizing its power.
- How Marco and his team help their clients realize their data’s potential.
- An example of how Pandata irons out data problems and misdirected leads through their reports.
- How do you make sure your dashboards actually get used?
- Getting to the essence of a data dashboard; less static than a presentation.
- What is a feature every visualization tool should have, but only few provide?
- Ingredients for an impactful and successful dashboard: self-explanatory, and prioritized.
- Balancing dashboard interactivity with appropriate levels of functionality and consumability.
- The foremost KPIs that Marco interacts with and maps out for his clients.
- Common mistakes that Marco has noticed in regards to dashboards and cramming too much data in.
- How do you handle or prevent excessive change requests before hand-over of a dashboard?
- A few of Marco’s favorite current data tools!
- Thoughts on using relatable concepts to communicate the message of the data.
- Why the move to a more self-servicing model is heralding an exciting future.
- Further tool and resource recommendations from Marco!
- The advice Marco would give his past self about being concise!
People, Blogs, and Resources Mentioned
- My new book waiting list
- My free 30-second online assessment to find out and overcome the #1 silent killer of your data presentation success
- Get an ObservePoint Demo
- Digital Analytics Meetup
- Flatten the Curve Pandata
How to Connect with Marco Szeidenleder:
Where I’m Speaking Next:
- September 28th, 2021: MeasureSummit Virtual Comference 2021
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me. Have some feedback you’d like to share, or a question? Leave a note in the comments below, and we’ll get back to you!
If you liked what you heard, I would love if you could leave me a rating or review in iTunes. Ratings & reviews are extremely appreciated and very important in the rankings algorithm. The more ratings, the better chance of fellow practitioners getting to hear this helpful information!
And finally, always remember: viz responsibly, my friends.