Welcome to a brand new year of The Present Beyond Measure Show! Hopefully you enjoyed the 2015 Year in Review Holiday Special. I know I had way too much fun recording it!
Now let’s dive into 2016 with our first esteemed guest….
Stéphane Hamel is a renowned industry expert on all things analytics and the creator of the Digital Analytics Maturity Model, a framework used by many organizations to assess their analytics readiness.
I first encountered Stéphane when participating in his Roadmap to Analytics Success workshop at eMetrics DC in 2009. I was relatively new to the analytics field, and his balanced, authoritative teachings helped set me on a passionate path for decoding our visitor’s behavior.
Stéphane has over twenty-five years’ experience empowering organizations to analyze and optimize their online channels. He has cemented his position as a leading voice for digital analytics and online optimization.
Stéphane was named “Most Influential Industry Contributor” by the Digital Analytics Association in 2013. And since our first meeting, we’ve caught up at various industry engagements as speakers, and he has graciously helped in my professional speaking growth as well.
This insights-packed episode is the perfect way to kick off 2016 #measure right!
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- How organizations can select the right suite of analysis platforms for their specific needs
- The pitfalls of connecting Google Analytics data to Tableau directly and a solution
- Why Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) is the solid approach for direct data extract inaccuracies
- Tips for presenting a keynote vs. effective training skills
- Why professional skill development and coaching in our field is critical to success
Resources and People Mentioned:
- Stéphane’s DAA Thought Leader Conversation
- Google Analytics
- Tableau Software
- Analytics Canvas
- Avinash Kaushik
- Hans Rosling’s Gapminder TED Talk
How to Follow Stéphane:
- Twitter: @SHamel67
- Note: contact him personally for information on his customized Tableau & other workshops
Upgrade Tip of the Day:
- Avoid connecting Tableau directly to Google Analytics until Tableau’s next version. Instead, use a connector tool like Analytics Canvas to improve accuracy and efficiency.
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me. Have some feedback you’d like to share, or question for Stéphane? Leave a note in the comments below, and we’ll get back to you!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the left of the post.
If you liked what you heard, I would love if you could leave me a rating or review in iTunes. Ratings & reviews are extremely appreciated and very important in the rankings algorithm. The more ratings, the better chance of fellow practitioners getting to hear this helpful information!
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates and never miss a show.
Special thanks to Stéphane for joining me this week. And as always, viz responsibly, my friends.
What is your data visualization tool of choice for analytics? Let me know!